Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Negative People

As much or as little as you know about me, you can obviously tell I'm not a negative person, nor do I like people who are negative and complain. I can take them in moderation, but I need to take myself out of conversations where people are constantly complaining. Complaining and hating life is not going to get you ANYWHERE?!?!? I mean, how can you feel GOOD about yourself after you are sooo down or negative about a certain topic?!?! I dont' get it. You are wasting your breath when you complain.

Now let me clarify myself- there is a difference between complaining and venting. I vent all the time. You need to let out what you are feeling in order to move forward. If you are complaining, you are a negative person and dont' have anything better to do with your life. If you honestly have to look at every situation and pick out the negative of everything, wow, get a life. Go find some friends. Oh wait, you probably dont' have any friends b/c you are soo negative!!!! ha! (i'm pretty funny after putting in a 15 hour work-day!)

Venting- its simple. Something makes you worked up, someone talks behind your back, You need to let it out. You need to do this in order to clear your state of mind, and move forward. People who bottle up these things usually need help! I used to bottle stuff up for so long that I would break down, and out of nowhere, would be a miserable person. I have learned in my mature age, that the more you express yourself, the better you are going to feel, and the happier you are going to be. Because chances are, if there is something bothering you, its probably bothering the person you are venting to, too!

Complaining- to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment, or grief; find fault:. that is the basic definition of "complain". Its pretty obvious that if you are complaining, and have TIME to complain, you probably have even MORE time to FIX what you are complaining about. People who are soooo negative are probably my biggest pet peeve! Honetsly, grow up and figure it out! Being nagative is just going to make people not like you,and really get annoyed with you.

Sometimes I dont' catch all the complaining that takes place. But when I realize that someone is REALLY being negative, I can step back and analyze how rediculous it sounds and how much I just want to walk away! If you have a problem with something, lets say, at work, and you think you are "venting" about it, but then it turns into something you do day in and day out, that is complaining, not venting, and you should probably talk to someone with authority if you are looking for change. Your peers can't change it for you. They barely know what you are talking about b/c you are COMPLAINING and they are not LISTENING! hahaha!

All I'm saying is that things are not going to magically be fixed for you. Everyone has the right to express how they feel, but really, if you are finding yourself doing this over and over, people aren't really listening to you, and you should probably go to your pet toad and complain to him! Your pet is probably a better listener, and wont' talk back!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment