Saturday, October 9, 2010

The next Jenny McCarthy?

Hello everyone!

I know its been FOREVER since I have blogged, and I apologize! We have had just a few things going on at the Deer-household!

I guess the biggest "thing" that is going on in our life is that we are expecting our first baby! (again). After a devestating loss in June, we somehow conceived our baby 3 days after the miscarriage (Yes, I know what you are all thinking, WOW, but Josh is claiming full credit for his amazing swimmers) Miracles happen, and it happened to us immediately, and we could not be more excited about this amazing journey ahead!

Well, I'm not much of a reader, in fact, with all the pregnancy books that were thrown my way, the most interesting book I found just lookin' at the cover was Belly Laughs, by Jenny McCarthy. All those fact books are all great and informative if you are going to base your parental skills out of a book, and live by those books, but if you are going to live a loose life-style, and go with the flow with your pregnancy, then Jenny McCarthy if your girl. She is flippin' hilarious!

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started reading her book! Everything I read I could totally relate to!

Its amazing how much shit goes on in your body when you are pregnant! * PLEASE STOP READING IF YOU GET GROSSED OUT EAISLY!!!!!

I mean, she talks about constipation, and she was not kidding. I'm not sure if its the prenatals that make me constipated, but something is going on, and its making me go crazy. I need to poop once a day, I need to poop b/c it makes me feel clean, like my system has been flushed! When I finally do get a chance to poop, or feel one coming on, it is painful! Why can't this shit just slide out of me like it did before! i'm scared that if i push too hard, i'm going to push this little baby out too early!

Anyone want to go to Nigeria Falls? Ok, well, come on into my pants! Its just a delight! I'll let you figure out what I'm meaning by this one!

Breast tenderness? oh Josh, you stay away from those puppies, they are so tender some days it hurts to put a bra on! maybe you can touch them in March after our little one arrives!

Thank GOD I haven't experienced morning sickness! I hear that is a tough one! I only puked when I ate dairy in the morning, or took my pre-natals on an empty stomach! Some have belief that I didn't experience it b/c we are having a boy, well, we'll see about that with the next prenancy!

Menstrual Cramps? No, its just my uterus getting extremely large!!!!!!! That's all! Man, for the longest time, I kept thinking i was about to get my period! Finally, 6 weeks later, I took 4 pregnancy tests, and they were all positive! Who would have thought!?!?!?

Large chest?!?! YES PLEASE! I have always had a small chest, its nice to have some purky-ness added to my curves! Who knows how huge they will get once that breast milk comes in!

Gravity- its a crazy thing! I'm still running, just hit 18 weeks today, and I feel like this baby is pressing so low on my uterus that the gravity is going to pulled this baby out of me! Its insane how gravity works! I mean, come on, I already can't eat certain things, drink beer, and not play contact sports, at least let me continue to run!!!!!

What is my belly- a soft puppy?!?! I dont' mind if you come up to me, ask me if you can feel my belly, that is cool, our son likes to feel touch, but please dont' just come up to me, and start rubbing my belly without getting permission! Would you do that to me right before a marathon when i'm in my shorts and sports bra? I don't think so! So why is this any different?!?! Please, touch my belly, its cool, its amazing how much changes week by week, but come on, a little respect for me and my little man!

Peeing my pants? Well, not yet, but pretty close! Sometimes if I have to go to the bathroom, and i sneeze, i just about lose control of my bladder! and honestly, I think getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom is a preparation for when the baby is here and you are already up the whole night with your baby!!!!

I could probably write my own book at this point, but i'm tired, and its approaching my bedtime! I only wish that our significant others could go through just one pregnancy in their life to see what we women truly go through. Its insane how much you dont' know going into a pregnancy, and how much you just find out along the way! 

Cheer's to a healthy and happy 9 months of pregnancy to everyone out there! I cannot wait to have a nice cold beer once this baby boy is born!!!!! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment